[TechAssist] Re: ATX Power supply

  • From: Bil Green <tv.vcrrepair@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Technotronic Dimensions <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2004 18:18:50 -0800

I recently read that 300W ATX power supplies are not all equal (not
even close). You need to look at the current rating, not the watts.
I bought a good one (Allied) for less than $20.

Apparently they can get away with lying about the wattage rating, but
not the current rating. Just like cheap automotive stereos (100 Watts
per channel [has only a 3A fuse] - yeh, sure!)

--
Best regards,

 Bil Green
 2001 TV VCR