[TechAssist] Re: As per ASTI

  • From: "Leonard G. Caillouet" <lcaillo@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2003 10:32:51 -0400

I avoid subs on flybacks as much as possible.   I have had problems with
focus range, G2 range, strange distortions, ABL problems and transformers
that jsut fail from ASTI, HR, CRC, Main Electronics, and Tritronics.  The
only way that I will use one is if the original is NLA, severely overpriced
(like JVCs) AND I have reliable info that the sub works from other techs,
AND the customer agrees to prepay on a non-refundable basis with the
understanding that it might not work right and that I offer no warranty on
the repair.

It is a hard policy, but I have had more problems than not with aftermarket
FBTs.

Leonard G. Caillouet
Service Manager
Electronics World