[TechAssist] Re: As per ASTI

  • From: Philip Bader <tjanphyl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2003 09:11:14 -0400

Folks, I'm curious.
I understand trying sub flys on low end smaller TVs to keep it within
repair bounds, but many seem to try using subs on 32 inch Sonys,
Mitsus,etc. Hi end,expensive sets that probably would stand the higher
estimate cost.I would think the OEM flys would be the only thing I would
use in those cases.In hind sight, seems these OEM's are really less of a
cost even at twice the price.
Just my 2 cents.
Phil Bader

tony saracco wrote:

> I know the feeling, wasn't to pleased with the quality of there flybacks. I
> used them three times and two out of the three flybacks were border line
> quality ( low focus voltage one, wrong part# on box compared to part # on
> flyback). There video heads years ago were great.but I would not use them
> again unless I was desperate. I have been using HR flyback subs with great
> results even on Sony.
>
> Tony Saracco
> TCS ELECTRONICS
> Elgin , IL 60120
> 847-695-1928
> tcselectronics@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Philip Bader
Jan Phyl TV Inc. (estab. 1976)
3420 Recker Hwy. Winter Haven, Fl. 33880
Fax (863) 299-8821
email: tjanphyl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx