[TechAssist] Appears fixed: CTC169 vertical

  • From: "Peter oliver" <oliver_peter1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 24 Dec 2003 01:26:07 +0000

Resoldering everthing in the area including all of the sufacemounts and
replacing the 1.54uf square cap seems to have fixed the problem (it did not
test bad). Seems to be pandemic in this area right now had 2-3 sets come in
(CTC169's) last week and 3 or 4 this week all with various vertical
problems.

Peter Oliver
Tucson Radio TV

From: "Jim Myers" <jr.myers@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [TechAssist] Re: CTC169 vertical
Date: Tue, 23 Dec 2003 12:24:45 -0500

The pin 2 and 3 winding on the flyback in the case of the CTC169 chassis
does not supply the B+ for the vertical circuit, it is part of the vertical
output/feedback loop as is an extra winding in the horz drive transformer. I
have had at least 2 of these with the flyback winding open but none that
were intermittent.
Jim Myers
Since 1972
Telrad Electronic Services Co.