[TechAssist] Action TV/VCR, M#ACN-5930, won't turn on

  • From: "D Thunhurst" <dthunhurst@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "TechAssist" <TechAssist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2003 06:41:17 -0700

Hi,
One day I had the king Midas touch in reverse (you know.. everything you
touch turns to crap).
I have a 9" AC/DC Action TV/VCR, model ACN-5930, mfg. in 91 with a UL 6J71
which doesn't show up anywhere (probably not a good number). It came in for
belt problems.  When I went to re-connect the power supply that is mounted
in the back cover, I reversed two of the connectors.  At turn on, the 12v
and the 6v regulators blew their faces off.  After replacing them, the tv
will not turn on and the front LED shows standby.  The deck operates as far
as I can tell.
I haven't found any other defective parts and the power supply seems to be
live.
Does anyone have any information on this mutt? A scan of the power supply
and micro circuits would be very helpful.
I can handle large downloads.
Thanks,
Daryl
Daryl's TV