[TechAssist] 2nd Request....Zenith PVR4663, No "Y" signal, no sound, good color

  • From: "D Thunhurst" <dthunhurst@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "TechAssist" <TechAssist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 5 Aug 2003 13:47:21 -0600

I haven't had any takers on this one.  The customer is a bit anxious. Below
is the original request.
Any help appreciated.
Thanks,
Daryl
Daryl's TV
3310 Dyer St.
El Paso, TX 79930
915-565-9184
915-564-1024 Fax
dthunhurst@xxxxxxx
http://dynacomp.freeyellow.com

Hi,
I have a Zenith PVR4663 using 9-1527 and 9-1302 boards.  I have good chroma
signal and no "Y" (luminance) signal along with no sound.  It is the same on
the PIP.  The OSD has plenty of brightnes.  I found RX801 on the 9-1527
board open and need the value.  I can see the first color band being red.  I
scraped the covering and read both ends before the open portion and came up
with possibly being 22 ohm but not sure.
I did put a 22 ohm resistor in its place but no help.  I'm not even sure of
what circuit this resistor is located as I don't have any service lit on
this one.  I resoldered both
boards finding many poor connections but still no go.  I pulled the PIP
module and likewise found many poor connections.  I fed a video and audio
signal into the video input and still no help.  I also took the audio output
IC out of circuit thinking that it may be pulling down the video information
but still no help.  However, I did check the resistance on the audio IC and
have determined it is shorted.
Anyone with some ideas?  I really could use a helping hand on this one.
Thanks,
Daryl
Daryl's TV
3310 Dyer St.