[TechAssist] Re: 220v I thank you all Merry Xmas

  • From: "J Silverman" <greentron@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 22 Dec 2002 15:34:44 -0500

Car battery can put out a lot more than 300 amps but 12 volts has trouble
getting current through the skin and other tissue. For most people they
start to feel sensation somewhere between 30 and 45 volts depending on their
skin condition. Now if you insert some electrodes well under the skin, you
can cause trouble with very low voltages. Medical electronic equipment is
designed with this in mind. Heart pacers do their job with just a few volts.
Jerry Silverman
Greentron Inc
4 Newland Ave
Greenville SC 29609