[TechAssist] Re: 1994 GMC Van (AC Question)

  • From: "Hoyt's TV" <hoytstv@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 May 2004 09:51:46 -0400

Ed, does it have quick connects sticking out of a line near the compressor?
They would look like what are used for hydraulic lines on snow plows or air
lines to connect tools.
If so, you have R134a and you should be able to buy a recharge kit for a few
bucks in the automotive section of most stores. I can tell how to use it if
that is what you have, it's really simple.

If it has schraeder valves, they look like tire valves only a little bigger,
then you have R12. Still just as simple to do, but illegal to do yourself.
The EPA or whatever you call it's equivalent in Canada, won't cut your hand
off if they catch you, but when they get done you'll wish they'd been that
kind to you.

Russ Hoyt
Hoyt's TV
Exeter, NH