[team2039] Plans for the rest of the first week

  • From: John McInerney <johnfm2000@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: team2039@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2012 07:28:58 -0600

Hi Team,

A couple thoughts:

- Remember things will change.  So when I mentioned lock down on parts
needed, it really means lock down based on what you know at the time.  As
you run prototypes and learn more about the operation, you may need to make
adjustments and order different parts.  After the meeting last night, a
group was talking and Adam mentioned how the 2009 robot operations were
significantly different between the first locked down design concept and
the robot that entered the field at the competition.

- you can keep in the back of your mind while designing that we can carry
into the competition about 30 lbs of robot parts.  Plan to have some
portions of your operation locked down by the ship date and if needed plan
to carry in a few parts that may require a lot of testing that we can
perform after ship.

Regards,
John