[team2039] Re: New Logo

  • From: Adam Czerwonka <Adam.Czerwonka@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'team2039@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <team2039@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 6 Oct 2010 09:05:30 -0500

A couple of comments on this.  We discussed doing this last year, but decided
against it due to name recognition at the Chicago and Milwaukee competitions.

It would be ok to have a sub theme below the name, but I would like you guys to
think about something that defines the team (most teams use their school mascot
or sponsor type themes).  Since we are a community team, I think we should look
to something that reflects the Rockford Area.  I have a couple of things that
might help: "Screw City", "Forrest City", "Rock River Valley" are some of the
names for this region.  Much of our major sponsorship money comes from 2
Aerospace companies (Hamilton Sundstrand and Woodward), so aerospace and
defense type terms might also be good.

The biggest thing to keep in mind is that it should be appropriate, define the
team, fun, and not embarrass our sponsors!  I seriously worked to name my high
school team "Haberdashery Hal's Robot Gang".... 10 years later the team is
still around.  It's lucky that they kept with my high school's "Warhawks" theme
and are called the "Cyberhawks".  I'm in favor of fun and cool, just not
unserious and silly (we have to ask people for money while wearing the theme /
name on our clothes).