[tdsoc] Introducing me, and LinuxTrent

  • From: Roberto Resoli <roberto.resoli@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tdsoc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2013 12:08:08 +0100

Hello tdsoc,

Last friday I met Lorenzo after he briefly presented tdsoc inside this event:
http://www.science.unitn.it/~sala/events2013/E-security.html
(very interesting, by the way), and I was really pleased hearing about
a local initiative for releasing crypto code
with an open source license.
I am interested in Cryptography since the end of nineties; I developed
and currently maintain
an open source project for digital signature of legally bounding
documents on source forge: http://j4sign.sf.net .
I am also involved in similar projects for PDF signature ( OpenSignPDF
- http://opensignature.sf.net  ) and
XML Signature inside OpenOffice/LibreOffice ( ooo-xadessig-it -
http://joinup.ec.europa.eu/software/ooo-xadessig-it/description )

I am also member of LinuxTrent, the Linux User Group of Trento and
Province, for many years
and currently the main representative, covering this position since January.
I hope we could do something together for spreading "cryptography
awareness" around,
being FLOSS one of the best tools for doing that.

bye,
rob