[TCUG] Re: VAS on un metered supply?

  • From: "Probert, Norman" <Norman.Probert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'tcug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <tcug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2007 14:17:38 +0100

We have just been trying to sort out Area 9 inventory with UMSO, they advise
that where a code does not already exist we have to supply the manufacturers
specification and they will have a code agreed with Elexon. An extract from
their email below.

Equipment should not be connected without first having the correct charge
code allocation (as outlined in the BSCP520, please find both related
documents attached). Before purchasing new lighting equipment from
manufacturers we ask that you obtain proof that it has been approved,
usually by asking them for the permanent or temporary charge code issued by
Elexon. Approval should be obtained by them via a request to the UMSUG
Technical Secretary (umsugsecretary@xxxxxxxxxxxx) by submitting an
application together with any related documents. Without such approval, we
cannot be sure that the load ratings applied by manufacturers is
representative for the energy being consumed and as an UMSO we are
prohibited to include the apparatus within your inventory. Once an approved
charge code has been obtained, please contact us with the details so we may
ensure it is included within our system.
Where you are having difficulty in obtaining charge codes from
manufacturers, we are happy as your UMSO to progress the request with Elexon
ourselves, providing you can present us with the detailed specification
sheets for the equipment in question. Again, we ask that you do not connect
the equipment until we have been able to provide you with the correct charge
code.
In reality I think they will allow temporary codes until final codes have
been agreed.
Hope this helps (although it probably doesn't)

Norman Probert

Traffic Signals Operations Team Leader
AmeyMouchel - (Area 9)

Direct line   01905 683220