[TCUG] Re: [TUG] Puffin far side heads

  • From: "Smith, John C (Carlisle)" <JohnC.Smith@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2002 09:16:06 +0100

I have never personally been able to see the point of black outs at all. It
would seem to me that pedestrians should be either crossing or not crossing
as in "Walk/Don't Walk" in The USA. I think that the black out only provides
a period of confusion as does the flashing amber on a Pelican. While working
in Hereford we installed some junctions without any blackouts and they
caused no problems. I don't understand why we should have a problem with far
sided indicators at Puffins. I have just spent the weekend in Birmingham
where Puffins appear to reign supreme. I think that they are an abomination
especially where large crowds obscure the view of the near side indicators.

John Smith
CAPITAdbs Cumbria