[TCUG] TR2500 STATUS

  • From: "Tim Clark" <Tim.Clark@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tcug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2007 15:50:57 +0100

Has any one been asked/instructed to install a facility that
contradicts a requirement of TR2500 (2210, 0141). We have always worked
to the principal that the controller specification was sacrosanct and
refused this request.

We are being asked to clarify the status of this document i.e. does it
cover "essential requirements for traffic signal controller equipment
for use on roads other than motorways" to allow such to be "approved in
accordance with the Secretary of State's statutory requirements" page 1,
or is it a specification that is open to be varied by "an agreed
departure from standards" with or without agreement with the DfT or the
Secretary of State?

We are specifically concerned defending the inappropriate use of
audible signals covered in para. J128 on page J19 against the desires of
interested parties and their political representative. Can anyone advise
please?

Tim Clark
Senior Engineer Traffic Signals

Lincolnshire County Council
City Hall
Beaumont Fee
Lincoln
LN1 1DN

Trafficsignals@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Customer Service Centre: (01522) 782070

If you are unhappy with any aspect of the service we have provided and
wish to register a formal complaint, please telephone to request a copy
of the County Council's leaflet How to Complain.  Alternatively this
information can be found on the County Council's website at
www.lincolnshire.gov.uk

Note: We are a Microsoft Office site.  Our base version is Office 2000.  Please
make sure that files you send can be read in this format.

distribution and/or publication of this e-mail is strictly prohibited unless
expressly authorised by the sender.

The information contained in this message is intended for the named  recipients
only.  It may contain privileged and confidential information and if you are
not the addressee or the person responsible for  delivering this to the
addressee, you  may not copy, distribute or take action in reliance on it.
If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender(s)
immediately by telephone.  Please also destroy  and delete as soon as possible
the message from your computer.