[TCUG] Re: Inclusive mobility

  • From: Bull Peter <Peter.Bull@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'tcug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <tcug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 24 Jan 2003 16:32:47 -0000

As Dick says this coloured band has been around for some time. It is also
mentioned in 5.1.6 of LTN 2/95 The Design of Pedestrian Crossings and the
detailed requirements are given in Direction 8(3) of the 1997 Zebra, Pelican
and Puffin Regs and General Directions. This doesn't mention anything about
reflectivity just colour. Its also clear that it is optional, but I like
the suggestion of combining it with the fault reporting telephone number.

Pete Bull