[TCUG] Emergency Vehicle Priority

  • From: "Andrew Hancock" <andrew.hancock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: 10 Jul 2007 11:09:00 +0100

Does anyone have or has anyone tried a system of emergency vehicle detection
and priority at signalled junctions=3F
Our local hospital is currently being redeveloped and as part of this, a nu=
mber
of new signalised junction are to be installed at the accesses to the site=
 and
I feel such a system would be very beneficial. I have seen some examples in=
 the
states where they use sound or light devices to detect the sirens of emerge=
ncy
vehicles and give them priority through the signals and would like to know=
 if
such a system has been tried in this country.

Andrew