[tccrockets] Re: ULA GPS II-F #9

  • From: James Dougherty <jafrado@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: TCC chat <tccrockets@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2015 15:54:56 -0700

Anyhow, the earth-info site hasn't been updated with all the details,
but here it is - our new Satellite Vehicle Number (SVN) lucky 71!

Date         Rocket     Type     Serial no     Launch site     Satellite
    SVN    PRN
March 2015     Delta IV     M+(4,2)     CCAFS SLC-37B     GPS IIF-9     71
    26

See also: http://earth-info.nga.mil/GandG/sathtml/satinfo.html

26/71     B1F           IIF-9    Scheduled launch: March 2015...

So it will show up in your GPS software as PRN 26. On the Satellites view
of a Basestation-1
it would show up Hex (1A). This is Block IIF so SVN 71 has the new Rubidium
clock, a great
topic of interest and you can read details about it here:

http://acc.igs.org/clocks/prn25-period_DLR_gpssoln11.pdf

Basically, they still don't understand the clock variation they have
observed, but they can
correct for it over 12hr periods and model the clock with .1ns accuracy -
amazing!

Next flyby in 2hrs ..