[tccrockets] Re: PBS program on rocketry

  • From: Steve Ainsworth <sainsworth@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "tccrockets@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <tccrockets@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2012 14:40:38 -0700

Nice program!

Steve A

From: tccrockets-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:tccrockets-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of Steve Jurvetson
Sent: Tuesday, April 24, 2012 6:40 PM
To: TCC
Subject: [tccrockets] PBS program on rocketry

TCC folk,

The KQED Quest program evangelizing rocketry should run tomorrow at 7:30 pm,
but the HD video link went up today:

http://science.kqed.org/quest/video/amateur-rocketeers-reach-for-the-stars/

A number of TCC flyers are in there, but frustratingly, the voiceover
references the LUNAR club while showing TCC footage.

They got a bunch of launch clips from my YouTube posts over the years, and into
the editing blender they went.

I love the opening... That's my son whispering excitedly to the camera... with
the evidence of our powdered donut binger still on his lips!   =)
He was actually referencing the Sledgehammer Skidmark that we launched at
DairyAire, and that launch footage appears later on.
Source: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3cARhJJkmc&feature=youtu.be

P.S. We'll be back this year with a bigger Skidmark - the M2080 in the 6XL case.

Steve

Steve Jurvetson

Draper Fisher Jurvetson

Phone:  650-233-9000