[tccrockets] Aeropack 98mm

  • From: "Rob Diehl" <rwdiehl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tccrockets@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2015 19:57:25 -0700

Question:

I want to use the 98mm Aeropack Minimum Diameter retainer in the sustainer
of my 2 stage rocket.  The directions state that the thrust ring should be
touching the aft flange of the airframe.

I am going to have the motor sticking out of the airframe to use as a
coupler.  Which puts all of the thrust on the Aeropack.  Is it going to hold
up to an M motor?  Should I reinforce it with a coupler and some pins
through the airframe?

I thought that was what it was for, but after reading the instructions (I
occasionally do that) it looks like it was not meant for that.

Opinions?

Thanks.

Rob