[tccrockets] 2012 Tripoli Rule Revisions

  • From: gary-walker@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: TCC Chat <tccrockets@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 9 Feb 2012 00:28:33 +0000 (UTC)

My 2 cents as well...

It appears that there are 2 main points of interest in the rules revisions...so
far.

1. Motor ignition methods - As Jack and others have said, pretty cut and dry as
I understand it.  That said, yes, it appears that some existing electronics
that require break/pull wires may need to be phased out.

2. Non-HPR (i.e. uninsured persons) on the range/launch area.  -  Perhaps we
could have all HPR fliers openly display their membership cards (TRA or NAR) at
all times on a lanyard or clipped to their short/jacket. Also, we might
designate a Pad Manager or additional RSO's, as we've had at times in the past,
to oversee the actual pad area. This would help clarify just who is in the area
while charges and electronics are being armed.

  I think we have been pretty fortunate to have not had any serious incidents
at TCC launches, at least in my memory.   Most times, we have plenty of help at
LCO and RSO and I thank those who do it on a regular and occasional basis, but
as the discussions over the new rules imply, we can always use more "eyes on"
what's happening around us.

Of course these issues will continue to be discussed at future launches and
here on the chat so that all of us are on the same page and understand what is
"OK" and what is not.

See you at the next launch!

Gary Walker

Prefect - TCC