[tcb] Re: sammie, bad news

  • From: "Gerald V. Livingston II" <gerald.tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2008 09:21:10 -0500

If you have to wait then go get about 4 cans of the good wasp spray (with the 20 foot jet spray pattern).

Gut the interior of the project to the point that it can be blasted with a water hose or pressure washer later then stand back and completely douse everything you can hit with the wasp spray.

It will keep them out. And, as a bonus, it is petroleum based and will help prevent rust wherever it soaks in. You will need to use a hot water wash to clean it up when you're ready to work on the body again though.

G2

Brian Denning wrote:
if you have another potential buyer for the fenders feel free to sell them...i haven't even started on the project yet...need to before the wasp take over the body again.

    Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2008 07:07:15 -0700
    From: bugcollections@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Subject: [tcb] Re: sammie, bad news
    To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

    Sorry to here that Brian.  We will be sad not to see the new lowered
    bus.  Was just thinking of you and wondering if you still wanted
    those fenders.  Next show is the Texas Classic and after
    that.........hmm............Monumental Bug Bash......Ennis.......Cal
    Classic.  Course you can come along for my 5,000 mile trip to Pismo
    Beach leaving 2 days after the Nac show.

    */Brian Denning <i_am_cool_fred@xxxxxxxxxxx>/* wrote:

        i won't be able to make it to nacogdoches this coming weekend. i
        am devistated. the bus isn't safe and i am afraid to drive it
        because of that. I ordered a new master cylinder. it came in. i
        took it back....theoretically the correct one will be in
        tomorrow but i still have to get shocks, and i have yet to drive
        the bus at interstate speed to see how the carb is doing, how
        hot it's running, if the timming is right. so with all these
        problems that i have yet to be able to check i won't be able to
        come to nac.
maybe next year. i was really looking forward to some rustic
        camping and some vw showing too. what's the next show besides
        the texas classic.