[tcb] how to power your bus in the future

  • From: sammie smith <bugcollections@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 1 Dec 2009 12:26:28 -0800 (PST)

Here is something neat that I ran across on the net:  Physics prof has
invented/developed a way to transmit electricity without wires.  That reminded
me of something that happened in the class room a few years back; before PC
projectors.  I was trying to move an overhead projector into position to
illustrate something in class and the tangle of electrical cord was getting the
best of me, and I made the comment "why doesn't someone invent wireless
electricity," to which some wise acre student in the back of the classroom
said:  "they already have, it's called batteries."  Well, that brought the
classoom down.

At any rate:  in the future we can throw away the very unreliable VW engine and
stick in an electric motor, and we won't need any freakin wires.
http://money.cnn.com/galleries/2009/smallbusiness/0911/gallery.next_little_thing_2010.smb/index.html