[tcb] Re: engine starter bellhousing

  • From: Mike Hayes <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 15 Jan 2010 17:52:27 -0600

I used a bad T1 tranny case and cut it off just past the side cover openings. Then I made the stand mounts bolt to the studs for the side covers. You can also use it for a T4 motor if you do a little grinding inside the housing to clear the fly wheel. I didn't know if it was a mag case or not so I used my air grinder and sprayed it with the hose while I was grinding so I didn't get much heat or sparks. I like the stand because you can work on the underside. I had a store bought starter 1/4 housing but I didn't like starting on the ground.

If I can find the pictures I took I'll post them some where you can see them.

theresabuckner@xxxxxxx wrote:
Eric It is also a good way to keep a good starter handy Good luck Terry R