[tcb] Re: e-bay bus

  • From: "Denis Dodson" <coocoo@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 9 Dec 2011 16:56:30 -0600

Very good!

From: tcb-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:tcb-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf
Of sammie smith
Sent: Friday, December 09, 2011 3:48 PM
To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [tcb] Re: e-bay bus

  <http://mail.yimg.com/nq/mc/1_0_0/mesg/tsmileys2/18.gif>
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

--- On Fri, 12/9/11, Paul Smith <sealingwaxred@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

From: Paul Smith <sealingwaxred@xxxxxxxxx>
To: "tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Friday, December 9, 2011, 3:41 PM

The city of Freds is probably making him sell it, because they don't want
VW's in town

Sent from my iPhone

On Dec 9, 2011, at 12:38 PM, bbauer2000@xxxxxxxxx
<http://us.mc833.mail.yahoo.com/mc/compose?to=bbauer2000@xxxxxxxxx>  wrote:

Sammie doesn't the TX classic list winners and pictures on their website?
Might be able to come up with a name that way?  I would would look but it is
a bit harder on a smart phone.

On Dec 9, 2011, at 12:36 PM, sammie smith <bugcollections@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
<http://us.mc833.mail.yahoo.com/mc/compose?to=bugcollections@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:

The seller is the classic car seller that is about 1/2 mile north of the
entrance to Lady Bird Park in Fredericksburg where we have the Texas
Classic.  He is a dealer, not the owner of the bus.  Well he may be the
owner now, but is not the VW owner.  I really think he is selling it on
consignement but that may not be the case.  And he apparently knows very
little about VWs or this bus in particular.  The bus was shown at the Texas
Classic the past couple of years and I think he may have even won best bus
interior or some such award, or a class trophy, but I do not know who the
owner was, that is really the reason for the post.

--- On Fri, 12/9/11, ATX BUS <atx_bus@xxxxxxxxx
<http://us.mc833.mail.yahoo.com/mc/compose?to=atx_bus@xxxxxxxxx> > wro
From: ATX BUS <atx_bus@xxxxxxxxx
<http://us.mc833.mail.yahoo.com/mc/compose?to=atx_bus@xxxxxxxxx> >
To: "tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
<http://us.mc833.mail.yahoo.com/mc/compose?to=tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> "
<tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
<http://us.mc833.mail.yahoo.com/mc/compose?to=tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> >
Date: Friday, December 9, 2011, 12:26 PM

Interesting that the seller has this bus but doesn't know how to count the
windows.  The seller also states, "show winner" but doesn't mention the
show.  Hmmmm

These prices are getting crazy

Jeff

  _____

From: sammie smith <bugcollections@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
<http://us.mc833.mail.yahoo.com/mc/compose?to=bugcollections@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

From: wuzmop@xxxxxxx
To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
<http://us.mc833.mail.yahoo.com/mc/compose?to=tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Friday, December 9, 2011, 9:04 AM

No personal knowlege, but that's ALOT of money for a 13 window. If you look
closely at one of the underneath shots, it looks like some cargo floor rust
has been painted over up near the front of the bus, chipped up powdercoating
on the side windows. Missing the snubber on the passenger door will be the
first place the paint gets all scratched up when that cargo door opens all
the way and they bump door handles, cut dash. With that much money spent on
the interior, better cup holders maybe?

It's nice, but 26K? Nah.

From: Claudette Tripp <08newbeetle@xxxxxxxxx
<http://us.mc833.mail.yahoo.com/mc/compose?to=08newbeetle@xxxxxxxxx> >
To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
<http://us.mc833.mail.yahoo.com/mc/compose?to=tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thursday, December 8, 2011, 8:24 PM

Kind of a strange picture, don't you think

On Thu, Dec 8, 2011 at 5:55 PM, sammie smith <bugcollections@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
<http://us.mc833.mail.yahoo.com/mc/compose?to=bugcollections@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:

Does anyone on the list have any personal knowledge of this bus listed on
e-bay.  It has been at the Texas Classic the past couple of years and is now
in the hands of a classic car dealer in Fredericksburg.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Volkswagen-Bus-Vanagon-HIPPIE-WAGON-RESTORED-
66-VW-BUS-13-WINDOW-1600-CC-EMPEI-WHEELS-SHIFTER-SHOW-/220906587743?pt=US_Ca
rs_Trucks
<http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Volkswagen-Bus-Vanagon-HIPPIE-WAGON-RESTORED
-66-VW-BUS-13-WINDOW-1600-CC-EMPEI-WHEELS-SHIFTER-SHOW-/220906587743?pt=US_C
ars_Trucks&hash=item336f0f065f> &hash=item336f0f065f

A friend of one of our club members is looking at it.  The dealer is asking
$26,000+ off of e-bay.