[tcb] Re: e-bay bus

  • From: sammie smith <bugcollections@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 9 Dec 2011 10:36:12 -0800 (PST)

The seller is the classic car seller that is about 1/2 mile north of the
entrance to Lady Bird Park in Fredericksburg where we have the Texas Classic.
He is a dealer, not the owner of the bus.  Well he may be the owner now, but is
not the VW owner.  I really think he is selling it on consignement but that may
not be the case.  And he apparently knows very little about VWs or this bus in
particular.  The bus was shown at the Texas Classic the past couple of years
and I think he may have even won best bus interior or some such award, or a
class trophy, but I do not know who the owner was, that is really the reason
for the post.

--- On Fri, 12/9/11, ATX BUS <atx_bus@xxxxxxxxx> wro
From: ATX BUS <atx_bus@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [tcb] Re: e-bay bus
To: "tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Friday, December 9, 2011, 12:26 PM

Interesting that the seller has this bus but doesn't know how to count the
windows.  The seller also states, "show winner" but doesn't mention the show.
Hmmmm

These prices are getting crazy

Jeff

From: wuzmop@xxxxxxx <wuzmop@xxxxxxx>
To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Friday, December 9, 2011, 9:04 AM

No personal knowlege, but that's ALOT of money for a 13 window. If you look
closely at one of the underneath shots, it looks like some cargo floor rust has
been painted over up near the front of the bus, chipped up powdercoating on the
side windows. Missing the snubber on the passenger door will be the first place
the paint gets all scratched up when that cargo door opens all the way and they
bump door handles, cut dash. With that much money spent on the interior, better
cup holders maybe?

It's nice, but 26K? Nah.

From: Claudette Tripp <08newbeetle@xxxxxxxxx>
To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thursday, December 8, 2011, 8:24 PM

Kind of a strange picture, don't you think

On Thu, Dec 8, 2011 at 5:55 PM, sammie smith <bugcollections@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Does anyone on the list have any personal knowledge of this bus listed on
e-bay.  It has been at the Texas Classic the past couple of years and is now in
the hands of a classic car dealer in Fredericksburg.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Volkswagen-Bus-Vanagon-HIPPIE-WAGON-RESTORED-66-VW-BUS-13-WINDOW-1600-CC-EMPEI-WHEELS-SHIFTER-SHOW-/220906587743?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item336f0f065f

A friend of one of our club members is looking at it.  The dealer is asking
$26,000+ off of e-bay.