[tcb] Re: carb issues

  • From: Brian Denning <i_am_cool_fred@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 13 Apr 2008 09:56:09 -0500

we got it figured out... it has a vacuum advance distributor.

it was infact the accelerator pump. i didn't know how to adjust it but after
doing some research in the idiots book and in the bently and on the samba i
finally learned how to adjust the accelerator pump. readjusted the carb and it
runs like a top now. it doesn't load up anymore or anything.

ya'll should be proud of me, i'm starting to learn lots about how to do this
stuff on my own. all it take is the one dude that i was relying on to piss me
off to make me learn how to do it myself.

Date: Sat, 12 Apr 2008 20:59:14 -0700From: bugcollections@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:
[tcb] Re: carb issuesTo: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx he have a 009 distributor?Brian
Denning <i_am_cool_fred@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

ok, i just go through rebuilding the carb on a friends 66 beetle. it's a 34pict
carb. carb is adjust to i think appropriate settings. why is it that when you
give it gas and let off it falls on its face? accelerator pump is sticky is the
only thing i can figure...how would i check that and how would i fix it? it's
the new one from the kit that i put in.

http://green.msn.com/galleries/photos/photos.aspx?gid=164&ocid=T003MSN51N1653A