[tcb] Re: beetle

  • From: sammie smith <bugcollections@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 6 Apr 2007 07:12:29 -0700 (PDT)

Nope:  68 still had the swing axle.  69 is the first year of irs.

Mark Sawyer <mechmark@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:  Plus it's the last year of the
swing axle. 68 started with the IRS (no puns).

sammie smith <bugcollections@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:   It's got all the good
stuff of the older bugs (still simple), has a 1500 engine, first year of 12 V
electrics, and it is the last year of NO POLLUTION crud.  Widely accepted among
VW folks as the last year of the "true" VW.  Unfortunately it has a lot of "one
year only" stuff that can be hard to find if you are trying to keep it totally
original.

j duncan <whocanduncan@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:   Sammie: Please expound on the
virtues of a '67 over another year. What
makes it so special? Maybe this is another campfire topic but I'm curious
now. Thx.

With no bus (content) content,
Duncan ;)
What?