[tcb] Re: ball joints???

  • From: Brian Denning <i_am_cool_fred@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2007 20:40:06 -0600

was this a i have to do it thing for you dan or a while i'm at it??? i don't
know if they need to be replaced or not but i figured what the hell while the
beam is out i might as well do it...but then chad said not to do it if it
doesn't need it for the same reason you are saying...guess if i decide they
need to be replaced it will be cheaper to buy the torsion housings that already
have them in it from wagenswest for $190 insteaed of attempting to do it my
self...doesn't sound like i can save any money doing it myself.> From:
danandkatrinamartin@xxxxxxx> Subject: [tcb] Re: ball joints???> Date: Fri, 16
Nov 2007 15:52:58 -0600> To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> > Sound easy enough.> Remember
Brian has a early baywindow bus.> I had a hard time finding a place in Houston
that was willing to try.> They tried, ( they came highly recommended, famous
around here for > being the best front end guys around, with a very impressive
shop set > up.) gave up and I wound up having to take to a shop I did not want
> to use. It wound up costing about 700.00.> I think the tool used on the press
is the key, what I was told anyway.> Heir Schmidt has the tools he got from a
VW dealer, he told me he had > the only one around.> Ronnie had better luck
finding a local shop.> I also got the ball joints from a local parts place,
Heir Schmidt > said the were the wrong size, so I had to buy another set from
him. I > think that proves there is more than one size.> A lot of good info
here:> http://www.type2.com/library/suspens/balljoin.htm> and>
http://www.type2.com/library/suspens/ballrem.htm> Good luck!> > On Nov 16,
2007, at 1:41 PM, Chuck Blue wrote:> > > Press the old ones out. Press the new
ones in. It's pretty basic if > > you have a press.> > ole blue> > -----
Original Message -----> > From: Brian Denning> > To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> > Sent:
Friday, November 16, 2007 1:34 PM> > Subject: [tcb] ball joints???> >> > how
hard are they to replace in a bus? recommendations, advice and > > services are
appreciated.> >> > keep in mind i have access to a friend who has access to a
press > > and is a knowledgeable vw mechanic. ball joints look to be between >
> 15 and 27 a peice torsion arms with new joints already installed > > are
aroudn 150-195 for all four of them...> >> > suggestions please and tell me how
hard they really are.> >> > oh, and the beam will be completely out be replaced
when these get > > replaced> >> > Climb to the top of the charts! Play Star
Shuffle: the word > > scramble challenge with star power. Play Now!> > No virus
found in this incoming message.> > Checked by AVG Free Edition.> > Version:
7.5.503 / Virus Database: 269.15.34/1134 - Release Date: > > 11/16/2007 9:52
http://web.mac.com/danandkatrinamartin>
http://ical.mac.com/danandkatrinamartin/Volks32Shows> > > >