[tcb] Re: Wow. I just bought a new bus

  • From: "Christopher Dirksen" <cajun-eskimo@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 14 May 2007 06:35:32 -0500

Thanks Mark! Your so Banging!

Happy Eskimo

From: Mark Sawyer <mechmark@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [tcb] Re: Wow. I just bought a new bus
Date: Sat, 12 May 2007 20:17:07 -0700 (PDT)

Well, let's see. today I rebuilt the brakes on a 69 Vert,(Jumpin Joe's straightened out the electrical system, adjusted the parking brakes,freed up the pedal assembly on same vehicle,  rebuilt the cooling system on a 66 type 2(Cajun Eskimo's), supervised the reinstallation of same engine on 66 type 2, sent all of them home and helped Emily finish the yard work. Other than that, it's been a quiet day. Happy mothers day tomorrow to all the mothers out there.

P.S. Still haven't been able to work on the Vanagon brakes yet!!!
P.P.S. and the Ghia's been moved to Mark J.'s house to finish the body work.

Denis Dodson <coocoo@xxxxxxx> wrote:
Across the street from the AutoZone was a dull green panel splitty. I went to the door about 2 months ago, but no one was home. Today I was driving past and saw somebody in the yard, so I stopped and asked about the bus. It belonged to her husband and he died and she would like to sell it right now, but I had to deal with his 5 kids, three who want to sell. She made a call and said $2000. I said $1000. Then the kid in charge came over and said that he had rebuilt the engine and that he had more than 1K in it. I left my number and came home. The phone rand and it was her and "$1500 takes it". I said OK.

It has windshield washer nubs but no backup lights. I think it is a 65 or 66. Somebody had cut windows, but somebody else has welded back in the metal. There is rough bondo there, but you can see the work from the inside and it looks good. There is NO rust showing. It may be bondo packed, but I don't think so.

It has no title. She is sure of that because her husband told her that he had lost it.

It has a back seat but no camper stuff.

I pick it up tomorrow.

I need it like a hole in my head.

Catch suspicious messages before you open them?with Windows Live Hotmail.