[tcb] Re: Wire Transfers for my vanagon

  • From: a riggs <redvan71@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2009 21:27:48 -0700 (PDT)

Wire transfers are quite common and usually fast, though they can be a little
pricey.  The sending institution usually charges a fee (though if you are a
good customer, they may not) and often the receiving institution charges one as
well. $20-30 on each end is common. If you get the process started before 10:00
or 11:00 AM you should have the funds the same day.

As far as bank routing and account numbers, the sending institution must have
it in order to transmit the funds.  Would you drop an letter (remember those?)
in a mailbox or send an e-mail without an address?

Allan