[tcb] Re: What's the long lost history of your bus?

  • From: "Brian Denning" <i_am_cool_fred@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2007 10:29:12 -0500

to the original question the 77 i had came from a dealership in Little Rock and was sold to a guy in malvern it was then traded in for something else...the dealership in malvern then sold it to someone else who ran the wheels off of it and then i bought it from an in-between guy in 2004 i sold it 2 years ago and it is now living happily in memphis, TN and is a band bus.

my 69, the one i have now, as far as i know came from a junkyard in Oklahoma. the guy i bought it off of bought it to get it running and never had the chance, he did some wiring to it and that was about it. i bought it from him for a very low price and got it running. this one is going ot be a keeper...unless i can find a nice splittie for trade. i like to think that this bus is a rescue that was on it's death bed. now it's loud and proud and multicolored

From: Stephen Brannan <ozarkcycleworks@xxxxxxxxx>
To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [tcb] Re: What's the long lost history of your bus?
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2007 07:57:23 -0700 (PDT)

PO Previous Owner.

It actually went through one person between the woods and me. The middle man had it a week and was going to hack it up for a dune buggy. He needed money for booze and sold it to me.

Shelby Shook <sloweyefasthand@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
    The post office? That's so cool!
Mine was found in an open field somewhere in Colorado, next to a GT500 of all things. The guy that bought the lot was going for the GT500 of course, and gave the bus to his brother: the guy that sold it to me. That's mostly all I know besides the Gratefull Dead sticker...which brings up many possible stories haha.

On 8/28/07, Stephen Brannan <ozarkcycleworks@xxxxxxxxx> wrote: "Matchbox 20" and "They Might be Giants"

  That was when I had a running VW and a working radio concurrently.
My VW was bought by the PO in 1980, driven for a year and parked near some woods. The woods engulfed it and some good sized trees had to be cut for it's rescue. I'm very surprised that it isn't rusted out. I don't know any history on it from 63 to 80, but the 66 parts car next to it has a Canadian sticker.

Shelby Shook <sloweyefasthand@xxxxxxxxx > wrote:

Alright, so I was driving to school today (my second day of college) in the bus playin the Zepellin 2 album, and I was thinking, the VW bus has undoubtably been a big figure of music in the 60's and 70's. I was wondering, what's everyone's fav album to listen to while driving their bus? I just can't decide what mine would be, they all sound so great and the bus just magnifies their coolness. I find myself imagining what the original owners of my bus might have listned to as I rock out to anything from Hendrix, to Dylan, to the Gratefull Dead, and too many others to mention. I do know one thing, according to the guy I bought Sunnie from, she had a Gratefull Dead sticker on her back window. I wonder how many Dead concerts she's been to. I wish knew what she went through, or maybe it'd be better if I didn't know haha. She was a Colorado bus after all, I wonder how many hippies she's hauled off to concerts and music fests back in the day. And yes, even though I'm very against drugs, I sometimes wonder if there's any pot under the back seat (since I havn't cleaned underneath it yet).

So anyway, what do you guys listen to while cruisin' in your bus? Do you often wonder what it went through just like me? Where do you guys think your bus has been?

  It's really fun to imagine where Sunnie's been, wish I knew.

Visit the Yahoo! Auto Green Center.

See what you?re getting into?before you go there http://newlivehotmail.com/?ocid=TXT_TAGHM_migration_HM_viral_preview_0507