[tcb] What paint should I use?

  • From: "Ronnie Hughes" <y4s6wd5@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 7 Apr 2005 22:18:01 -0500

Talk to 10 people, get 10 different answers.
The painter that painted my old dune buggy suggested that I use OMNI Acrylic
urethane.  I was about to buy some OMNI AU for Sparky, but last night I started
reading a few websites and saw that most people aren't to impressed with the
lifespan of OMNI AU.

I went to a paint shop today at lunch to pick up some high build primer and
talked to the guy there and said OMNI AU is good if you want a car to look good
for a year then sell it.  He suggested 3 coats of acrylic enamel, single stage
- no clear coat.  So now I have several conflicting views.  The OMNI AU is
about $150 cheaper than the AE.

I would like to hear what you guys think.  Sammie I know you have painted
several of your cars in the driveway so I would definitely like to hear your
opinion and Lonnie your paint looks good.  What did you use?   Anybody else got
an opinion?

Help!

Fracdog