[tcb] Re: Vanagon Mechanic in Texas

  • From: jki7886155@xxxxxxx
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2007 11:02:44 -0500

Ronnie:

I know I am going to get chastised for passing this on but, I was having so
many fuel injection problems with my Vanagon I named him "Grumpy" (read my trip
report, returning from T@P on the North Houston VW Club's Web site). It took
several visits but, now I would say Herr Schmidt's, here in Houston, has it
running 98%. OK. The idle seems good, (occasionally the engine dies, when it is
cold) the only other problem now is power lacking, a bit,? at low rpm's.,?
Perhaps they can address this, the next time I? have it in.

Jack Kirsch

Well, I'm about to give up trying to solve my rough idle problems with my
Vanagon.? I adjusted and replaced just about everything I can think of.

Are there any good Vanagon Mechanics in Texas?? Brent, what about your
dealership??? The guys near Arlington, German.....?

I have either adjusted or replaced:

AFM w/Signal Filter Circuit built in - did fix the hesitation on take off
problem

Throttle stabilization valve

Throttle control unit

O2 sensor

Injectors - did fix the black smoke problem

temp 2 sensor

cleaned grounds, replaced ground strap

cleaned all electrical connections

ECU - with spare I bought at the VW classic - actally made a Van-CAFE ECU
monitor, but it doesn't help.

Throttle
 position switch

Any ideas?