[tcb] Re: Un*ubscring and attachments

  • From: Julie <julie.hey.ho.lets.go@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2010 07:19:57 -0500

Please forgive me Mr. Grumpy for I have sinned when I stated that attaching a photo is no longer verboten. Maybe sniffing my old gas tank trying to tell if it smells varnishy has led me to do bad things. I will say 10 Hail Ben Pons as penance.

Julie

On Jul 20, 2010, at 3:13 AM, Gerald Livingston <gerald.tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I'm in a pissy mood and should probably not write this right now. The
"rants" section is directed at no one in particular.

Dave (gearjammer23@xxxxxxxx)

Or use the web page as noted by Ronnie

(somebody remind me to look into adding a message footer later)

Tracy

As a general rule, don't. If you have the net know-how to host your
pictures somewhere and send just a link to the list then please do
that.

The rule is usually suspended for a few members who are not
'Net-Savvy'. (Mark, that doesn't include you, stick it on photobucket
please.  <--- you just happened to send the rust-bubble pic while I
was typing this.)

You just proved you know how to do it right so I'd probably send you a
very stern "You should know better YOUNG LADY! (or YOUNG MAN! --- you
didn't say in your hello message)" off-list email.

Or maybe I'll test the list suspension feature on you to see if it
works ...  Wait, I already did that to Jeff, it works. ;-)

Oh! I'm on a roll now ...

One other thing that annoys me, and probably ONLY me, is sending a new
email to the list by replying to an existing email and changing the
subject. Message grouping in a 'proper' email program is done by hidden
headers that are added to every message, not by the subject of the
message. Hitting reply then changing the subject sticks the new message right in the middle of a bunch of messages that have nothing to do with
it.

Like this:

GAS
GAS
GAS
GAS
 GAS
 GAS
GAS
 GAS
  GAS
   Oil
    Oil
    Oil
     Oil
     Oil
    Oil
    Oil
     Oil
      Oil
GAS
 GAS
 GAS
  GAS
   GAS
    GAS

Please save the list address into your address book and use it to send
a new email. Please use "Reply" when you're contributing to and ongoing
conversation.

OK, bad week (is it only Tuesday?)

I'll stop now.

G2