[tcb] Re: Un*ubscring and attachments

  • From: a1992cabbygirl@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2010 10:01:42 -0400

 Not just a brick...a vehicle we call "being on the dark side" of VWs busses.
My '85 "Bert" is running better, thanks to swapping out the fuel pump off of
Mark's '84 "Twinkie".  Ahhh, so nice to have "spare" vehicles".  Ha.

From: Gerald Livingston <gerald.tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Sender: tcb-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2010 03:13:24

To: <tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Subject: [tcb] Un*ubscring and attachments

I'm in a pissy mood and should probably not write this right now. The

"rants" section is directed at no one in particular.

Dave (gearjammer23@xxxxxxxx)

Or use the web page as noted by Ronnie

(somebody remind me to look into adding a message footer later)

Tracy

As a general rule, don't. If you have the net know-how to host your

pictures somewhere and send just a link to the list then please do

that.

The rule is usually suspended for a few members who are not

'Net-Savvy'. (Mark, that doesn't include you, stick it on photobucket

please.  <--- you just happened to send the rust-bubble pic while I

was typing this.)

You just proved you know how to do it right so I'd probably send you a

very stern "You should know better YOUNG LADY! (or YOUNG MAN! --- you

didn't say in your hello message)" off-list email.

Or maybe I'll test the list suspension feature on you to see if it

works ...  Wait, I already did that to Jeff, it works. ;-)

Oh! I'm on a roll now ...

One other thing that annoys me, and probably ONLY me, is sending a new

email to the list by replying to an existing email and changing the

subject. Message grouping in a 'proper' email program is done by hidden

headers that are added to every message, not by the subject of the

message. Hitting reply then changing the subject sticks the new message

right in the middle of a bunch of messages that have nothing to do with

it.

Like this:

GAS

 GAS

 GAS

 GAS

  GAS

  GAS

 GAS

  GAS

   GAS

    Oil

     Oil

     Oil

      Oil

      Oil

     Oil

     Oil

      Oil

       Oil

 GAS

  GAS

  GAS

   GAS

    GAS

     GAS

Please save the list address into your address book and use it to send

a new email. Please use "Reply" when you're contributing to and ongoing

conversation.

OK, bad week (is it only Tuesday?)

I'll stop now.

G2