[tcb] Trip Report T at the P (long)

  • From: Dan Martin <danandkatrinamartin@xxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2004 15:27:59 -0500

  After reading Denis' Great trip report I don't think mine can
compare..................

Friday Oct 8th,
  We are all set to get off at noon, meet Mark and go. Everything went
smooth till I saw on the news that the 18 wheeler wreck for the week
was right in our intended path. With the GPS and a phone call to my
brother, we found a alternate route around the wreck and were out of
town right on schedule. The trip up was uneventful most of the way, BUT
we did get a new member in the H.B.B. (Heidenheimer Bulli Boys, a very
exclusive group) Mark and I both made it to the park with out any
problems. We got a call from Steve and Sharon when we were about 15
minutes away saying they "could not find the park", this turned out to
be a fairly common thing to say as the weekend progressed. {note to
self remember to bring stuff for signs} We "found the park" and Brent,
Steve and Sharon,Larry, Terry, Shirley and Fred were already there
parked in the shade!  We parked in the area we had discussed with Paul
(the sunny area) and set up camp. I only mention that there was some
discussion of where to camp, it all worked out fine I think.
Things start to get a little fuzzy after this........
I do know that I had a stomach ache and my face hurt from laughing my
ass of for 48 hours straight! I have not had so much fun since the Navy
stopped paying me to party in foreign lands! From Denis trying not to
just "freak out" from his bus problems on friday night, to the amazing
disappearing hoard of buses, it was truly a weekend to be remembered! I
can not tell you how much fun we had! Thanks to Paul and everyone who
came out and made it FUN!

I am going to steal this next part from Denis, I don't care if he gets
mad, he is already calling me DAD!

Things I learned:

Dan not only gets cranky if you don't feed him quickly, he also doesn't
like you to sit too close
(I got mad because you knocked BOTH mirrors on Homer crooked, and
STEPPED on my foot)

Neal should blow up a Zales
(he really should!)

Steve baby-sits Chinese people for a living and Sharon has so many
trophies she won't even get up to receive them any more
(Steve was standing right there! And she was half as tired as I was she
probably couldn't)

Mark cooks killer ribs
(that he could not even eat!)

Joe has no luck with any of his vehicles
( I really feel sorry for Joe. He drove all the way up to Springdale to
miss a party. He blew up his engine in the Hooch. He drove that gas
guzzling RV all the way to Morgan's Point only to find out we did not
have the right plug for HOT SHOWERS. He seems to be snake bit. I really
hope his luck turns around. Until it does all I can do is PICK ON HIM)

Katrina can wear a tie-dyed suit and look good. No one else can.
(really, I am not sure even she can pull it off)

Fred has such good friends that they will pull, fix, and re-install his
engine in a baseball park if he needs it
( Fred deserves friends like that, and I think they were bored)

Shirley travels with a 3 ton floor jack, and she makes me laugh
(don't we all? She makes me laugh too, Big Bend for Thanksgiving?)

Everett works for the circus or something and his underlings call him
on his Nextel and bitch
(The circus huh? Someone should get him on this list to defend himself.
Denis said underlings..............)

Brent's hair IS fuzzy, how does he do that?
( I bet he can stop it.....I think it looks cool! I think ANY hair
looks cool)

Eric and Amy only say that they own a VW, but no one has ever seen it
(I have seen it, not much to look at but he makes up for it in desire)

David Blades has enough incredible cars and if he shows up with another
one we should just kick his ass
(agreed, watch out for the boy)

Rob apparently speaks a language all his own. He moved his bus about
two feet  "because it gets chilly by the door in the morning"  or
"there will be chili by the door in the morning" We still don't know
what he meant, even though he repeated himself to us several times
(uh huh)

When Lonnie says yellow he means YELLOW
(Looks GREAT Lonnie, it is YELLOW)

We had a blast!!!!!!
VW people are cool BUS PEOPLE ARE THE COOLEST!

Dan & Katrina Martin
1971 VW Bus
H.B.B.
T.C.B.