[tcb] Re: Thanks for coming to the Nac show

  • From: "Shelby Shook" <sloweyefasthand@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2007 21:26:34 -0600

Makes me glad my bus isn't as bad as it could be. It must have sat in the
lot it was in in Colorado for I don't know how many years and all it's got
is a little surface rust and some rust throughs in easy places like the
battery tray....actually that's the only rust through. Can't wait for some
body work and a new paint job.

By the way...beautifull bay window Mike! I loved the interior...and well
everything about it really.

-Shelby

On 3/26/07, Neil McGlothin <nbmdude@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Glad the culprits were caught and processed!  And that
the goods were recovered!
--- Mike Selvey <sidecar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> What Happened?  a A pair of itinerant workers (they
> use the bridge
> adjacent to the park where the show was held)
> managed to casually
> saunter into the Show (which is free to the public,
> of course), and
> snatched two digital cameras (one from Shelby, I
> forgot who the other
> one's was), and an unguarded wallet from a purse.
> An intrepid TCBer had
> been keeping an eye on these two, so when the police
> were called (and
> arrived quickly), they were shown the two guys,
> STILL loitering about.
>
> Meanwhile another intrepid TCBer  FOUND the digital
> cameras and the
> wallet in the local public trashcan.  The wallet,
> however, was missing
> the credit cars and cash.  The police shook down the
> suspects, and
> voila! the cards and cash were in his pockets!  So
> off to the pokey for
> the miscreant, off to the evidence room for the
> credit cards (for
> fingerprinting, I guess) and that's the extent of
> what I know.
>
> Someone else will have to fill in the names.  As
> much as I enjoyed
> meeting y'all, and will remember all your faces,
> names just filter
> through my brain like a sieve.  Could we get club
> nametags, or
> something? LOL~!
>
> So...would one of the principal players please
> expand on my story!
>
> Mike Selvey
> Nacogdoches, TX
> '79 Westy "SFE"

"The answer is never the answer. What's really interesting is the mystery.
If you seek the mystery instead of the answer, you'll always be seeking.
I've never seen anybody really find the answer-- they think they have, so
they stop thinking. But the job is to seek mystery, evoke mystery, plant a
garden in which strange plants grow and mysteries bloom. The need for
mystery is greater than the need for an answer."

-- Ken Kesey

Get your own web address.