[tcb] Re: Splitty for sale

  • From: "Denis" <coocoo@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 1 Jun 2013 08:58:19 -0500

We get some great storms, had one last night. Lots of wind and hard rain with
brilliant constant lightning. And it is all magnified by the bluff. The
tornadoes haven’t come to close to my house, I think it is the mountains.
Joplin and Springfield are on flat land and they got hit. I am not really in
Tornado Alley.

This house has taken big hits, so big that I stand away from all the glass, but
so far, other than dead trees being blown over and erosion of my road, so good.

Oh, the lid on the hot tub leaks and is full of water, so it’s heavy. After I
lift it I am almost too tired to get the champaign  and strawberries.

        From: Denis <coocoo@xxxxxxx>
        To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
        Date: Wednesday, May 29, 2013, 8:19 PM

        Sam, calm down. It is not bone stock, but aside from yours, are any
bone stock? The parts are no longer available to do a quality restoration. I
would have said that it was between a ‘63 and a ‘66, but that was based on the
over easy egg front turn signals and no back up lights. Once again, after all
the comments, I remember that any bus has stuff that came off the train that
day. When I was working on Murray’s front suspension I found that there were 3
different suspensions on a ‘63. I have a small rear window. If you ask around
you will find that the ‘63 had the big rear window. Not mine. They had a small
window cargo hatch that day, so they stuck it on.

        I find it educational and entertaining all the discussion about church
key gas filler doors and the latch to the engine door, but the thing that may
be the sign of the times id that the bus is for sale for $18 freakin’ thousand
and $500 more. That is probably reasonable nowadays. That is just hard to wrap
my head around.

                From: Brad Tripp <bradtripp@xxxxxxx>
                To: "tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
                Date: Wednesday, May 29, 2013, 4:53 PM

                .Sammie I talked Derrick at Wayout last night. He worked on
this bus. It is an early 67.

                On Wed, May 29, 2013 at 1:27 PM, sammie smith
<bugcollections@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

                        67s do not have a church key, they have a finger lip to
pull open the door and are spring loaded.  But, as noted, the bus has a bumper
combination for 64 and earlier busses.  I think it is probably a 67 with
incorrect bumpers.

                          Date: Wednesday, May 29, 2013, 11:40 AM

                          Not on a 67, at least mine doesn't have a church key.

                          Jeff

                                From: Denis <coocoo@xxxxxxx>
                                To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
                                Date: Tuesday, May 28, 2013, 6:18 PM