[tcb] Shielding gas

  • From: Julie <julie.hey.ho.lets.go@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2013 19:03:21 -0500

What kind of places sell shielding gas for welding? I am sure that welding
supply places do but I live in the middle of nowhere and I don't think there is
one within 40 miles of my house. I did get my first bottle at Tractor Supply
but they have made me mad. I paid $220 for a number #2 size bottle plus money
for the gas too. When empty I was supposed to be able to bring it back for
exchange. Before buying it I asked if it is often a problem that they don't
have a bottle ready to exchange and the person assured me that they can fill a
bottle there so no big deal. So I go there today and of course they don't have
my size bottle ready and they can't fill them there and if I am lucky maybe the
truck will deliver some in a couple of days.

I am not happy about this!!!!!  Maybe I am wrong but $220 for the bottle alone
seems crazy expensive to me. I went for it because I thought it would be
convenient but it is not.

Home Depot and Ace Hardware don't sell shielding gas.  Do propane places
sometimes sell it?

And I am also grumpy about crazy delays in the arrival of my painting supplies.
 My DC is naked and waiting.  Ugh!!!!!