[tcb] Re: Saturday's Politics

  • From: j duncan <whocanduncan@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <m58gc@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2007 18:43:01 -0600

Matt,I certainly agree it is not being handled properly. All the things you
mention plus it is far too wide and invasive. And I'm sure I would have a
different opinion if I were in your shoes.Have sent in your comments?
http://www.keeptexasmoving.org/comments_questions/ttc-35_comments.htm   or
http://www.keeptexasmoving.org/comments_questions/comments_i69.aspOr attended
meetings?  http://www.keeptexasmoving.org/get_involved/I believe TX has to do
SOMETHING, though.

You're over by the 130 toll road, right? It monstrous but also sorely needed.
Damned if we do, damned if we don't.DuncanDate: Tue, 9 Jan 2007 10:55:20
-0800From: m58gc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx: [tcb] Re: Saturday's PoliticsTo:
tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, I would be in favor of this too but my land and most
of my neibors is up for grabs with this.  Besides, we moved out to the country
to 22 acres to get away from the city and concrete and all that it brings.  We
are not going to be given a chance to dispute this process, it is already in
the works.  I get emails every couple of days from the Blackland Prarie group
about protests, petitions, etc.     We are also not given the choice if we want
to participate, we are being told we are and there is no negotiation on the
value of our land either. Either we play ball or they declare iminent domain
and take it.     Kinds sucks in my opinion. Just my $0.02 though.     Mattj
duncan <whocanduncan@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:  I
 thought I'd generate some dialog on Saturday. Might come back to bite me in
the ol' buttski but here goes. . .,Central Texans opposed to additional
tollways:http://www.texastollparty.com/action_tellYourReps_campo.phpTexans
opposed to the
Trans-corridor:http://www.texastollparty.com/action_tellYourReps_campo.phpFYI
1: I support the trans-corridor highway. I respect the heritage of private
property in Texas but also realize the importance of preparing for progress.
Anti-growth Austin's infrastructure is SO far behind they'll never get it
right. And besides, the trans-corridor highway will open up the byways for us
bus drivers to go slow. (see, there really is a TCB content connection!)FYI 2:
Rep. Mark Strama (District 50) will be visiting the area Saturday, January 13
at 9 -10 am: Wells Branch Community Center, 2106 Klattenhoff Drive, Austin, TX
78728. Speak out against--or for--the tollways in
vs. Carl: The Insignificant Championship Series.  Who will win?
http://clk.atdmt.com/MSN/go/msnnkwsp0070000001msn/direct/01/?href=http://davevscarl.spaces.live.com/?icid=T001MSN38C07001
 Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around http://mail.yahoo.com
Fixing up the home? Live Search can help.
http://imagine-windowslive.com/search/kits/default.aspx?kit=improve&locale=en-US&source=wlmemailtaglinenov06