[tcb] Re: Saturday's Politics

  • From: Matt Callahan <m58gc@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2007 10:55:20 -0800 (PST)

Normally, I would be in favor of this too but my land and most of my neibors is
up for grabs with this.
  Besides, we moved out to the country to 22 acres to get away from the city
and concrete and all that it brings.
  We are not going to be given a chance to dispute this process, it is already
in the works.
  I get emails every couple of days from the Blackland Prarie group about
protests, petitions, etc.

  We are also not given the choice if we want to participate, we are being told
we are and there is no negotiation on the value of our land either. Either we
play ball or they declare iminent domain and take it.

  Kinds sucks in my opinion. Just my $0.02 though.

  Matt

j duncan <whocanduncan@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  I thought I'd generate some dialog on Saturday. Might come back to bite me
in the ol' buttski but here goes. . .,

Central Texans opposed to additional tollways:
http://www.texastollparty.com/action_tellYourReps_campo.php

Texans opposed to the Trans-corridor:
http://www.texastollparty.com/action_tellYourReps_campo.php

FYI 1: I support the trans-corridor highway. I respect the heritage of
private property in Texas but also realize the importance of preparing for
progress. Anti-growth Austin's infrastructure is SO far behind they'll never
get it right. And besides, the trans-corridor highway will open up the
byways for us bus drivers to go slow. (see, there really is a TCB content
connection!)

FYI 2: Rep. Mark Strama (District 50) will be visiting the area Saturday,
January 13 at 9 -10 am: Wells Branch Community Center, 2106 Klattenhoff
Drive, Austin, TX 78728. Speak out against--or for--the tollways in person!

http://mail.yahoo.com