[tcb] Re: Ruby is a goner.

  • From: "Denis Dodson" <coocoo@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2008 11:18:57 -0500

'68 Ghia Vert Autostick. She was in the last two Eureka Springs parades.
          From: Denis Dodson <coocoo@xxxxxxx>
          Subject: [tcb] Ruby is a goner.
          To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
          Date: Wednesday, August 13, 2008, 11:03 AM

          After having Ruby on the Samba for ONE DAY I sold her to a young
woman from Tulsa. I asked, what I felt was, an exorbitant price and got very
close to it. The fact that she is almost local, and is paying cash appeals to
me. I don't have to get payment from East Bejesus and arrange shipping or pick
up. She will come Friday pay me, and drive Ruby home. And, she is also sooooo
excited.

          I have never sold a "classic" and I am sad.

          The woman wanted to know the odometer reading. I wasn't near the car
at the time, I said I didn't know, but on these old cars I always assume that
it would read a million. She asked if the odometer worked, funny, I don't know.
I believe, in my mind, that it is not so important to know the miles on a car
like her as it is the hours. Like on tractors.

          She owned a 74 bus at one time, so maybe she knows what to expect
from old cars. She asked me what mechanical thing is soon to break, and I
thought, and the honest fact is, there is no reason, right now, to think there
is ANYTHING on the margin. I have to think that is rare in these old cars.

          Bye bye, Ruby.

6:43 AM