[tcb] Ruby is a goner.

  • From: "Denis Dodson" <coocoo@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2008 11:03:26 -0500

After having Ruby on the Samba for ONE DAY I sold her to a young woman from
Tulsa. I asked, what I felt was, an exorbitant price and got very close to it.
The fact that she is almost local, and is paying cash appeals to me. I don't
have to get payment from East Bejesus and arrange shipping or pick up. She will
come Friday pay me, and drive Ruby home. And, she is also sooooo excited.

I have never sold a "classic" and I am sad.

The woman wanted to know the odometer reading. I wasn't near the car at the
time, I said I didn't know, but on these old cars I always assume that it would
read a million. She asked if the odometer worked, funny, I don't know. I
believe, in my mind, that it is not so important to know the miles on a car
like her as it is the hours. Like on tractors.

She owned a 74 bus at one time, so maybe she knows what to expect from old
cars. She asked me what mechanical thing is soon to break, and I thought, and
the honest fact is, there is no reason, right now, to think there is ANYTHING
on the margin. I have to think that is rare in these old cars.

Bye bye, Ruby.