[tcb] Re: Raby Motor

  • From: Eric Woodall <type2list@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 4 Aug 2004 11:00:43 -0700 (PDT)

For a bus motor, I totally agree!
I rode in a bus last weekend that had 150+ Horsepower and just about soiled the
seats...
I don't think that oversize is the way to go in a [big ass breadbox] bus!

"Gerald V. Livingston II" <gvl2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Already did that once. This is the second incarnation. Put 180 miles on the
first build and somehow a stick managed to get into the cooling fan and
fire through the oil cooler like a bullet. Lost all oil so fast the engine
was toast before I could shut off the key.

This is a REALLY expensive engine at this point. I'm being REALLY careful.

It's essentially a 2 liter (1.9xx). I told him what is was going in and how
I intended to drive it. Oversize engines are a waste in my opinion. I have
no intention of trying to make my bus go 150+ MPH and a huge motor built
for torque is a gas guzzler at highway speeds.

Most expensive parts were the new dual webers and the Mallory distributor.
They were probably 1/3 of the build cost.

http://mail.yahoo.com