[tcb] Re: Pretty Good Bus Artficle

  • From: sammie smith <bugcollections@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 9 Mar 2008 15:56:29 -0700 (PDT)

Yeah.  That's Jack Flash who makes that trip every year.  Met him in FL last
year at the Bug Jam and then saw him in Effingham IL at the Fun Fest on his way
to CA Classic.  He drives a sort of derelict looking lowered bus with a big
motor and makes about 5,000 miles round trip to the classic all the way from
Tampa FL.

thingmon@xxxxxxxxx wrote:  Sammy,

Have you seen this on thesamba? There may be
something similar happening for the CA Bug-in but this
definately looks like a fun trip.

http://www.just-buggin.com/wagonswest.htm
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/shows/

http://www.carsthatmatter.com/blog/2008-02/westward-bound-from-florida-to-oregon-in-a-1977-volkswagen-bus/