[tcb] Re: Pictures from Sammie

  • From: sammie smith <bugcollections@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2012 16:47:25 -0700 (PDT)

What I liked was the shift extender for $1.50.  Or how about the harp mirrors
for $12.60.  But what was really bad was the credit of $150 for deletion of the
sunroof.  Which of course today would add about $25,000 in value to the bus.  I
would put the value of both busses (assuming the 55 is put back to stock)
somewhere in that range.  Maybe a bit less for 66.  The value of a survivor
vehicle is sometimes hard to judge as to the amount of premium to place on it
for the survivor status.  It's sort of like that for that "outlaw" Porsche.
Probably a $75,000 car in that condition in original form.  Some less because
of
the "outlaw" mods, but how much less;  I don't know.

________________________________
From: Sammie Smith

Some photos from the Tulsa show. Note the red Porsche outlaw. 54 pre-
A coupe. Couple of original survivor busses in the show. The one with
the canoe on the roof is a 66 13 window, original paint, engine and
interior with 78,000 miles. Photos of the window sticker and dealers
invoice displayed with prices. Amazing. Current owner purchased 12
years ago from the original owner. The PG/SG with optional sunroof was
purchased with a European delivery, driven around Europe, brought back
to the US and is still owned by the same family (grandson of the
original purchaser). Original paint, has been lowered with a straight
axle and has big engine but all original components were saved
(including rebuilt original engine) to put it back totally stock if
desired. There were about 75 cars entered and it was cloudy and cool
all day, but overall a good show.

Pictures from Sammie Smith

(1 of 35 pictures)
If selecting "See pictures" doesn’t work, copy-and-paste this address into your
browser:

http://share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=1BYtWLdoyasIc&emid=shareprintviewer&linkid=link5&cid=EM_sharview