[tcb] Re: Pictures from Sammie

  • From: sammie smith <bugcollections@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2012 20:53:39 -0800 (PST)

OK Julie.  I used to teach this, so quriosity got the best of me and I had to
go
look it up.  Current exchange rate for a nuevo peso is approximately .08 US per
peso.  So you've got roughly $16 there.  The last time I looked, and if memory
serves since it has been a few years ago, one veijo peso was worth about $.004.

And if my memory is bad that might have been .$0004. Which means your 200 pesos
would be worth about 80 cents or maybe 8 cents.  Mexico changed to the new peso
in about 1992 or thereabouts.  So look at the date.  I think new pesos are
marked nuevo, but maybe not anymore.  If they are dated pre 1992 or so then
they
are old and worth nothing except numismatic value, or maybe scrap metal.