[tcb] Not a burn't piston

  • From: "Denis Dodson" <coocoo@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2007 21:21:44 -0500

We took off the heads and on #2 the top of the piston looked like the surface
of the moon. The top most ring has become seized by the heat  Around the valves
the metal looked like it had melted and rehardened. Half of a valve guide was
missing like it was broken off.  Two of the swivel adjusters were broken.

Amazingly, the cylinders look good. No scoring visible. tomorrow we will split
the case and see what other horrors the God of mechanics can come up with.