[tcb] Re: New Sparky

  • From: "Ronnie Hughes" <y4s6wd5@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 19 Jun 2005 21:09:44 -0500

Yes.  I bought a used set from Go Westy.  $50/each. I sanded them down and
sprayed them with several coats of some VW metallic silver and then several
coats of clear.  I think silver must be the toughest color to put down.  You
cannot see it coming out of the gun and since the color is a metallic you can't
see it on the wheel either.

I was a little worried if they would fit correctly with enough lug nut
engagement.  I bought a set of lug nuts from Go Westy also and it all worked
fine.  Not chrome, but not bad.

I had a Mexican dude (Jesus) in Conroe recover the rear seats.

I just need to finish installing the door rubbers and I'll be done.  It's a
good thing I don't think I can stand too many more nights in the garage this
summer.

I taught my daughter what 2-60 air conditioning was today.  She also learned
what 2-0 A/C is at a stop light.

 I hope fall comes early this year for the ES trip!

Ronnie