[tcb] Re: I been busy

  • From: Will Wood <evilscientistboo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2006 09:44:37 -0500 (GMT-05:00)

A lash cap is a hardened steel cover that goes between the adjusting screw and the top of the valve.  It is much harder than the actual valve stem itself and allows the same distribution of force across the top of the valve as you would with elephant feet or swivel feet rockers.  When installing them you must also account for any valve train geometry changes, e.g., shimming under the rocker bosses may be required to maintain proper geometry.